CatchLight Fellowship 2019 for Creative Leaders in Visual Storytelling
Application Deadline: February 18th at midnight PST.
The aim of the Catch Light Fellowship is to support the growth of the visual ecosystem by bringing resources and support to all types of innovators in the field. They can be:
Visual storytellers who use visual art to spark new conversations, engage communities and whose work is poised to be significantly amplified by collaboration, mentorship, and networking.
Organizational leaders who are working to help further the visual ecosystem by discovering and amplifying storytellers’ voices and defining the future of the field.
Rules and Guidelines
Applicants must submit one (1) application for themselves only.
Applicants may submit photographs or other visual formats such as audio, motion or VR.
- All applications must be completed in English.
- Applicants will submit 20-25 still images, or 15 minutes or less of audio/motion or VR from either the proposed project or a previous piece of work. Images will be 72DPI, 1200 longest edge.
- One (1) project statement of 100 words or less summarizing the project.
- One (1) proposal of no more than 500 words outlining:
- The work to be pursued in the course of a 12-month Fellowship, how it builds on past work, and the relevance of this Fellowship in furthering the production and reach of the work. CatchLight may grant exceptions to the timeline where warranted.
- Why this work exemplifies innovative distribution to engage audiences in new and different ways.
- How this work demonstrates measurable social awareness and engagement.
- One (1) proposal of 300 words or less outlining distribution plan.
- Three (3) professional references with contact information.
- Adherence to the ethical standards as described below.
- Personal contact information, portfolio links, CV.
- If the applicant finds these conditions inappropriate for the nature of the work please contact CatchLight directly for advice on making a successful application.
The application portal opens on January 22nd and the deadline to apply is February 18th at midnight PST.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the CatchLight Fellowship 2019