Study in UK: University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students
The University of York is pleased to announce the ten Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships in the UK 2019/2020. These scholarships are open for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
Applications Deadline: April 30, 2019
These scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program.
These scholarships will cover:
- five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
- five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible students must:
- Must achieve AAA at A Level, 36 points in the IB, or a 1st class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents)
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by the 30 April 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 30 April 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught a course based on the University of York campus
- have already met the English Language requirements of their offer (by 30 April 2019)
- Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
- they recommend that you prepare these statements before you start your application.
- You will need to tell them:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- And How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
- How you plan to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/fees-funding/international/scholarships/appformforacademicexcellencevcs/