Worth N500k: World Maritime Day Essay Competition For Nigerians 2019
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) – The apex body for the development, regulation and administration of the maritime sector in Nigeria, with a mission to achieve safe, secure shipping, cleaner oceans and enhanced maritime capacity in line with the best global practices towards Nigeria’s economic development.
Topic for the Essay Competition
- The topic For the essay competition will be ‘IMO 70: Our Heritage – Better Shipping for a Better Future’, in Line with the theme For the current celebration oF the World Maritime Day.
- Year 1 and 2 Students in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
- Participants must note that they are to scan proof of being bona Fide students alongside their essays.
- Proof will include Letters of Admission & Identity Cards of the Institution.
Prizes & Awards
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website.
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- Seven (7) Consolation Awards of: N100,000 Education Grant each
Presentation Of Prizes & Awards
- Winners will be notified by 15th March, 2019 and will be presented their prizes and awards thereafter.
Application Deadline 25th February, 2019.
- The topic for the essay competition should be the subject matter
- Essays should be a maximum of 1,200 words [+ or – 10%] double spaced in Ms word and font size 12
- No collaboration or joint work is permissible
- No plagiarism, in whole or part, will be acceptable
- Essays should end with the name, telephone number and email address of the participant
- Essays that do not Follow the guidelines will be disregarded
- We will notify only successful participants.
- No essay will be acceptable outside the closing date the competition