Study in New Zealand: Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program for International Students 2019
The Japanese Government is pleased to announce the Japan Scholarship Program at the Asian Development Bank. The scholarship is open to pursuing postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Applications Deadline: July 19, 2019
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents.
Nationality: developing member countries are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: You must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit the ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have gained admission to an approved master at an approved academic institution.
- And Have a bachelors degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/procedures-applying