Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Academic Grants 2019
Early Career Conference Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities, enabling them to participate in a conference held in any country other than their country of employment.
At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic (research and/or teaching) role by a member institution.
Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role. Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
Applicants must not have previously worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
The grant is useable to participate in a conference between 1 June 2019 and 31 December 2019. Applications to attend conferences outside these dates will not be successful.
Amount of grant
The maximum amount of each grant is GBP 2,000. Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence.
Other terms and conditions
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department.
- Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa as well as making their own travel arrangements.
- Grants will be paid in a single installment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution.
- Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
- The ACU aims to achieve a regional and gender balance in selections.
- The ACU reserves the right to publish the names of successful applicants on the ACU website and in ACU publications.
For More Information: