Barjeel Global Fellowship 2019 for Budding Africans Curators
The Barjeel Global Fellowship was established in collaboration with Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi and the Barjeel Art Foundation.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is an artist-activated, audience-engaged contemporary art museum. We generate art, ideas, and conversation around the creative process.
Application Deadline: March 15th 2019
This full-time, twelve-month fellowship starts on July 1, 2019 and carries a stipend of $45,000 (inclusive of $10,000 for housing support),. J-1 visa costs. If applicable, will be covered by the MCA.
Applications will not be considered complete until we receive all application materials listed below. Please note these materials. Including writing samples and other supplementary materials, will not be returned to candidates.
- A cover letter that includes the name, current and permanent addresses, and telephone numbers of the applicant
- A full resume of education and employment history
- An essay describing the applicant’s interest in this fellowship and museum work
- Two writing samples—each individual writing sample should not exceed 2,000 words
Application materials should be sent to: Barjeel@mcachicago.org
- Letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional settings will be requested from and required for all candidates who are identified as finalists.
- If necessary, the MCA will cover costs associated with obtaining a J-1 Exchange Visa. As part of the visa approval process, the selected candidate will be required to participate in interviews at the US Embassy in their home country.
If you have any questions about applying for this fellowship, please email Barjeel@mcachicago.org.
For More Information: