Fully Funded to USA: The Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program 2019/2020 for Nigerians
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education.
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applications must be complete and submit online.
- Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
- Other documents to submit include academic credentials, signed and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
- The application can be accessed at: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta.
- Applicant must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrate this by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
- Applicant must be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
For further inquiries, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja: email: CulturalAbuja@state.gov or U.S. Consulate General, #2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos;
For More Information: