Fully Funded: WomEng/Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Innovation Fellowship 2019 for Female Africans
The Africa Innovation Fellowship, powered by WomEng and the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation is a nine-month leadership and business development opportunity for female African innovators with an early stage engineering innovation or startup.
Application Deadline: 01 April 2019
The prize for the winning idea will be an all-expenses paid trip to London to attend the Global Grand Challenges Summit in September 2019.
Apply now for this unique opportunity to take your innovation to the next level.
- Applicants must be female individuals or small groups with a female lead applicant.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa*. For teams of two or more, the lead applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The innovation must be based in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must have an engineering innovation, though it is not mandatory to be an engineering graduate or student themselves.
- Industrial researchers and establishments are not eligible to apply.
- The lead applicant must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology or service, based on research in engineering defined in its broadest sense to encompass a wide range of fields, including: agricultural technology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, design engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, ICT, materials science, mechanical engineering, and medical engineering. If you are in any doubt that your area of expertise would be considered engineering, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
- Applicants should have an early stage engineering innovation and/or startup that:
- Will bring social and/or environmental benefits to a country/countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Is accompanied by an ambitious but realistic business plan which is near-ready or has been tested for commercial viability
- Has strong potential to replicate and scale up
For More Information: