Fully Funded BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2019 for South Africans
Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential. Through the program, 10-15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards and marketing.
Application Deadline: 29 March 2019, at midnight.
- Ages 18-28 (by time of application).
- South African citizens and permanent residents only.
- Applicants should have a matric qualification at a minimum.
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens. Either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store).
- Also, Applicants should be available full-time from 1 May 2019 – 30 April 2020.
- Family household income of under R120 000, and/or families that are headed by a single parent.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Fellowship Program involves educational travel trips which include:
- Round trip airfare from Johannesburg to Cape Town (June 2019).
- All trip-related meals.
- All trip related lodging and transportation.
In order to be eligible for educational travel:
- Applicants should be available to attend 90% of learning sessions in Johannesburg.
- Applicants should attend all training sessions pre- and post trips.
All applicants must answer the following questions:
- How do you identify with BeyGOOD as a Global Citizen?
- How would becoming a fellow assist you to positively impact your country?
- What specific issues are you taking action on and why?
How to apply:
- Applicants can choose between submitting 2-3-minute videos of themselves which can either be emailed to email@example.com or sent via WhatsApp to +27 63 639 1122.
- Those who prefer writing can submit a 500-700 word written response.
- Please attach a copy of your valid South African ID or passport (including the relevant visa).
For More Information: