2019 ISID Research Grants for Students from Low or Middle Income Countries in the USA
The generous scholarship of US$7,500 is jointly funded by the International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) and European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID). The program is open for non-EU residents of low and low-middle income countries classified by the World Bank wishing to come to Europe for a fellowship.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- ISID/ESCMID fellowships are open to residents of low and low-middle income countries, as classified by the World Bank, from outside of Europe.
- Applicants who are less than forty years of age, and will benefit from the opportunity to work or study outside of their country of residence are eligible for the program.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/eSites/394713/Homepage
The scholarship application comprises of:
- Research plan – 5 pages including background, methods, limitations, and references
- Applicant CV
- Letter of reference from the applicant’s institution
- Letter of invitation/reference from the host institution
- CV of mentor/host from the host institution
- Budget details
At the time of application for this fellowship program, there is no need to take admission in the university.
- Up to eight grants of up to US$7,000 each will be awarded annually and are available to support the professional development of young investigators working in the field of human infectious diseases by funding pilot research projects to be carried out over the course of a year at the applicant’s institution.
- Due to a high volume of applications, ISID is now prioritizing low and lower-middle income countries.