AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program at the University of Delaware 2019
In conjunction with the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, AGRA is offering AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program for the international student.
The program provides opportunities for one to two students per year to complete an MS degree at Delaware University while conducting research in their home country in the area of critical need.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
The fellowship is open for African students with a BS degree (or equivalent) in plant science, agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, wildlife ecology, entomology, soil science or microbiology or related discipline. They must have 3-5 years of work experience post-graduation in the agricultural sector.
How to Apply:
Before applying to UD’s graduate program, send all documents directly to AGRA (JNaibei@agra.org) with the subject line “Borel Global Fellows Program.”
- Statement of interest (2-page max)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Up to three letters of reference
- A letter of commitment from an African research institute, or university pledging to provide the fellow with in-kind research support for the African portion of their fellowship.
The winning candidate will receive generous financial support including:
- A stipend to cover living expenses while in Delaware (stipends vary by program; current minimum is $18,000/year)
- A stipend of $1,125 per month covering up to eight month’s support for the African “in residence” portion of the fellowship.
- A full waiver of tuition for up to 33 credits (currently valued at ~$53,000)
- Round trip airfare to/from the USA (economy class)
- Computer allowance of up to $1,000 (to be purchased at Delaware)
- Reimbursement for the UD application fee ($75)
Visit the Official Website Here for more Information