Funded Merck Innovation Summer School 2019 – Intrapreneurship Program for Masters & PhD students
Up to twelve brilliant international students, one unique opportunity: the chance to attend the 3-month Innovation Summer School of Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany at the Merck Innovation Center this June.
Application Deadline: 25th of March 2019
Merck is looking for up to 12 PhD and experienced Masters students from any discipline, studying at one of the world’s top universities. Do you enjoy working on novel ideas with the potential to generate transformational change? Then, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Starting on 3 June 2019, participants will join an interdisciplinary team of up to 6 PhD and Masters students covering all science disciplines.
- Each team will work on developing an innovation project within one of our three Innovation Fields from scratch. And pitching an innovation concept that is relevant and meaningful for our innovation strategy.
- Each team will be required to network across the company to involve the most suitable experts from around the world to support and join their team.
At the the Summer School, you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of how a leading global science and technology company drives innovation. And change from its futuristic Innovation Center at the company’s headquarters.
- Discover how a global player like Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany enables innovation within corporate structures in a flexible, agile and modern future work environment
- Get paid for learning as an intrapreneur, understanding the challenges and chances of corporate innovation.
- Benefit from the support of two student organizations: the German National Board of Young Chemists Association (JungChemikerForum) of the German Chemical Society (GDCh). And the Young Business Chemists (Junge WirtschaftschemikerInnen).
- Receive accommodation support in Darmstadt
- Experience a truly intercultural and interdisciplinary learning environment. With a unique mix of young and experienced talents from around the world
- Attend cultural and fun activities, for example the Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany Philharmonic Orchestra’s “Last Night of the Proms” garden concert
- Receive an Innovation Center certification as proof of expertise
- Get to know the Rhein-Main region in the center of Germany from Darmstadt, the City of Science
- Get support for Visa applications as required
For More Information: