Google Maps Local Guides Connect Training
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. UTC on April 30, 2019
All over the world, Local Guides are on a mission to help people find the places worth discovering. To celebrate the stars of our global community, Connect Live is back and will be bigger than ever. The event will be held November 12 to 15 in a show-stopping new location in San Jose, California. There, Google will host 200 Local Guides Levels 5 and above from around the world. Before you apply, please note that the event will be delivered entirely in English to best serve our global community.
Flights, transportation, and hotel stays on primary arrival and departure dates will be arranged and paid for by Google. Meals will be covered by Google during the duration of the event.
Visa or ESTA fees for one application will also be paid for by Google. However, attendees will be responsible for securing visas on their own.
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
- The submission of a complete application including:
- A 1-minute video message responding to ONE of the prompts provided. Prompts are: Tell us about your favorite place and what makes it special; What’s one thing you want everyone to know about your community?; or Why are you proud to be a Local Guide?
- Here are tips for creating your Connect Live 2019 application video.
- A new post on Connect that describes a cause you care about sharing on Google Maps and why. Whether you’re passionate about finding the world’s best French fries or making the map more eco-friendly, we want to know about it! Post your response using the Local Stories topic. Here’s how to write a great Connect post for Connect Live 2019.
- A new list created on Google Maps about any theme, including a title, description, and at least five places.
- We’ll also be looking for:
- High-quality, well-rounded, and consistent contributions on Google Maps over the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as actively contributing on Connect or hosting meet-ups
How to Apply:
To apply to attend Connect Live, you must be an active Local Guide Level 5 or higher and submit an application that includes a 1-minute video. Successful applicants will be selected based on their applications, active contributions on Google Maps, and involvement in the Local Guides community (like being active on Local Guides Connect or hosting meet-ups).
Before you apply, please note that the event will be delivered entirely in English to best serve our global community.
For More Information: