2019 University of Edinburgh John Orr Research Award
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Applications are open for the John Orr Research Award 2019. The School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures at the University of Edinburgh will offer one award for research in any romance literature, language or dialect.
As a centre of academic excellence, The University of Edinburgh aims to:
- Provide the highest-quality research-led teaching and learning;
- Challenge the boundaries of knowledge, research and disciplines;
- Enable their graduates and staff to be exceptional individuals equipped to address global challenges;
- Promote good health, economic growth, cultural understanding and social well-being.
- The award is worth £2,300 and will be tenable for one academic year.
- The award is tenable by postgraduate students who are graduates of the University, registered as candidates for an Masters or PhD degree in the University, or will be registered as such in September 2019.
- Students who will be entering their 1st to 3rd year of PhD study in September 2019 (or the part-time equivalent) will be eligible to apply.
- An application letter which should include their name, student number (UUN), degree programme being undertaken in September 2019, as well as a statement of any financial support or scholarships currently received or applied for, with an indication of its duration.
- Curriculum Vitae
- An outline of the research to be/being undertaken, methodology and an explanation of why it is important and original.
For more information, visit John Orr Research Award.