2020 Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards
Deadline: August 14, 2019
Applications are invited for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards for Female Entrepreneurs 2020. The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards are an international business plan competition created in 2006 by Cartier, INSEAD Business School, McKinsey & Company to identify, support and encourage projects led by women entrepreneurs.
Since 2006, the Cartier Women’s Initiative has supported 219 female entrepreneurs worldwide. Each year, 21 finalists representing 7 regions (Latin America & the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, East Asia and South Asia & Oceania) are selected during the first round of the competition. These finalists are then invited to attend the Awards week during which the second round of the competition takes place. After the final jury evaluation, 7 laureates, one for each region, are announced on stage during the Awards ceremony.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards aim to encourage inspirational women entrepreneurs worldwide to solve contemporary global challenges by:
- supporting and recognizing creative women who are making concrete contributions to finding solutions for the future of our planet
- bringing these business solutions to the largest audience possible.
The 21 finalists, representing the top 3 businesses from each of the 7 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- A series of business coaching workshops and networking sessions during the Awards week
- Media visibility for the finalists and their businesses in the months leading up to the Awards week and interview opportunities with local & international press during the Awards week
- The 7 laureates (1 from each region) will receive US$ 100,000 in prize money
- The 14 finalists (the two runners-up from each region) will receive US$ 30,000 in prize money
- In addition to the prize money, all 21 finalists will be awarded:
- A scholarship to attend the six-day INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Executive Education Programme (pending admission to the programme based on eligibility criteria and selection process)
- Ongoing support for the further growth and development of their business
To be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, the business must be:
- Currently generating revenue
- Early stage (between one and three years of operations)
- Led and owned by a woman
The competition is open to women of all ages and nationalities, from all countries and in all sectors of industry
The jury evaluates the businesses based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: the degree of innovation shown by the overall business concept
- Financial sustainability and scalability: the financial viability of the business, indicating chances of long-term success
- Social impact: the impact of the business on society and on the immediate or broader environment
- The overall quality and clarity of the material presented
In order to complete your application, you must submit the following attachments:
- Your resume
- Your business registration document
- Your pitch deck: They have no specific form for the pitch deck, just submit one that you have that describes your impact business. This can be an investor presentation or a product presentation. (no more than 15 pages max)
- A link to a 1 min video of yourself (optional): The video should help the selection committee gain a sense of your character.
- 3 additional attachments (optional): image of product, brochure, press, articles, research, etc
For more information, visit Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards.